Your life is basically the sum of the choices you make. Here are some insights on how to make wiser choices – which make you happier.
Your life is a blending of the choices you make. If you want to improve yourself, you need to improve how you make choices.
In general, you need to make conscious choices which are based on good values, longterm results, loving motives and staying true to your heart.
But you also must make sure you’re not overly influenced by your fears – allowing them to override your happiness.
Basically, there are two main ways you can make decisions in your life.
1. You can make decisions inspired by your FEARS
- This is when you have a scarcity mentality and a negative mindset. Your lens is aimed on uncertainty, insecurity and limiting beliefs about the world’s offerings.
2. You can make decisions inspired by desire for GROWTH
- This is when you have an abundance mentality and a positive mindset. Your lens is aimed at all of your inner strengths and all which the world has to offer.
In other words… growth directed people
(unlike fear directed people) live their lives by choosing to move towards what interests them, enthuses them, inspires them.
Growth directed people (unlike fear directed people) don’t allow uncertainty to distract them.
Of course, growth directed people also feel fear – and consider the dangers of a choice.
But they don’t allow fear to be their overriding decision maker.
Growth directed people consider how to supersize their skills and courage so they can move through their fear.
As a result, growth directed people are far more likely to choose people, jobs, events, and things that bring them true contentment and happiness.
It should thereby be no surprise that growth directed people (compared to fear directed people) are far more…
Plus growth directed people are less…
So, how can you make wiser choices?
Become growth-directed – and try to avoid making fear-directed decisions.
- Be mindful: Many of the choices you make in life are due to fear of the unknown, comfort, habit, familiarity. This can keep your life small.
- Consider the wisdom in this Anais Nin quote: “One’s life shrinks or expands according to your courage.”
Today, take a moment to look at how you make decisions — small, medium and large. Then ask yourself the following 3 questions.
3 questions to ask yourself – so you can make wiser choices
- Are you looking at what you seek to gain as a thriving, growing person – or what you want to avoid losing?
- Are you considering what will bring you the most happiness, love, passion, growth? Or are you staring only at what will ensure you the least amount of pain, change, uncertainty?
- Are you in your present job, relationship, home, lifestyle because you are happiness and growth directed – or simply fear directed?
Your New Mission For Making Wiser Choices:
- Be a choosier choice chooser! Today decide to make wiser choices. Do what you can to start considering more growth directed life decisions – so you’re not simply living a life based on fear!
Learn how to think happier!
Check out my bestselling book: Think Happy. Boost your confidence, attitude, and mood with this powerful and thought provoking collection of short essays and happiness strategies.
Think happier. Think calmer.
Think about subscribing for free weekly tools here.