Redesigning your bedroom is like taking a deep breath of fresh air, much needed and super relaxing. Check out some reasons you should do this today!
There are plenty of reasons you may need a little rejuvenation in your home.
Maybe you ….
- haven’t redecorated in years, or ever
- feel like a change at home will fit more with a recent change in your life (aka: challenging break up)
- just want to!
Redesigning your bedroom is a great choice.
I write a lot about how to create more calm and joy. I wrote a bestselling meditation guide called Instant Calm. Plus I have a groundbreaking video course The Anxiety Cure.
When you take time to redesign your bedroom, it will suddenly feel like a fresh, new room – when you step into your redone bedroom for the first time.
Bedrooms are the most personal rooms in a home. Your bedroom is where your most personal expression can truly shine through.
3 Reasons to Redesign Your Bedroom
Here are 3 reasons to consider redoing where you sleep…with some added inspiration to get started!
1. To solidify a life change
When your life is in a transitional period, changing your bedroom can help you solidify your new life – regardless of what it is. People go through large life changes multiple times throughout their lives – and rarely change their bedrooms.
For example, it’s particularly emotional beneficial to change your bedroom after a break up.
- As a person evolves, if their bedroom stays the same – it serves as a constant subconscious reminder of the past.
To help you move forward in an adapting life where you are the ever-changing protagonist, keep your bedroom up to match your developing character.
Changing your bedroom set every time you go through a break up (or get a promotion etc), or decide to become healthier isn’t super realistic.
Simple changes for reinventing your bedroom:
- get new sheets and bedding (especially healing after a divorce or tough break up)
- change out small elements of decor like artwork
- repaint a new color
- get new fun throw pillows
2. To feel more relaxed and sleep better
Redesigning your bedroom is a great thing to do if you’re finding yourself having trouble sleeping or relaxing at the end of the day.
Sometimes people find it hard to relax in their bedrooms especially after a stressful day.
- Make your bedroom a sanctuary where no stress is allowed.
- limiting your difficult conversations in your bedroom
- not allowing any work in your bedroom
- looking for ways to make your bedroom cozier
Make your bedroom a space where you simply relax and calm down after a long and stressful day. Once in bed, you’ll be more likely to encourage better and deeper sleep.
3. To declutter and decompress
Redesigning your bedroom is perfect when you’re looking to declutter and decompress your space.
Bedrooms are usually the rooms that hold the most clutter.
- It’s a natural place to shove things for “temporary storage” so they aren’t seen in the common or entertainment areas of the home.
These temporary storage items somehow find a way to become more permanent to the point.
As a result, your bedroom may begin to feel like it’s bursting at the seams.
- Go through items one section at a time.
- Decide on a permanent home for them – whether that’s inside the bedroom, in the garbage, or in another room.
There are many reasons you should redesign your bedroom
No matter your reasoning, take the plunge today! Make your new bedroom reflect your new life.
Become your calmest, happiest you
Check out my bestselling book, Instant Calm
Think happier. Think calmer.
Think about subscribing for free weekly tools here.