3 Tips for Enjoying Yourself At Work - Karen Salmansohn

3 Tips for Enjoying Yourself At Work

tips enjoying work
Here are some tips for enjoying yourself at work, so you feel happier about your life.

In all likelihood, everyone has heard the saying attributed to Confucius, that goes…

“Choose a job you love and you will never work a day in your life.”

Unfortunately, a very substantial number of people out there finding their day jobs excruciatingly boring, unfulfilling, and unrewarding. And the Internet provides all sorts of windows onto lifestyles and career paths that seem more fulfilling. As a result, there appears to be a pretty bigt mismatch between the jobs people would like to have, and the jobs they frequently do have.

3 Tips for Enjoying Yourself At Work

Here are just a few tips to help you find more enjoyment in your work on an everyday basis.

1. Don’t be afraid to pursue your passion

passion do what you love
First and foremost, don’t be afraid to pursue your passion.

There are a few common concepts floating around out there related to “following your passion.”

  • Firstly, the kind of things that people are “passionate” about are typically extraordinarily difficult to make a living doing.
  • Secondly, you need “grit” rather than “passion” to succeed professionally.

Books such as David Epstein’s “Range,” however, make an entirely different argument. They explain that you will always be more driven, productive, and insightful over the long term when you work on things that you actually care about and find meaningful and fulfilling.

Furthermore, “grit” comes pretty naturally when you are really passionate about what you’re doing. And it comes pretty unnaturally when you are doing work that you hate.

2. Have fun with the process

fun at work
If you’re going to market a business anyway, you may as well have a bit of fun with the process. Don’t just follow a “by the numbers” marketing campaign that is entirely conventional. If you do, then you’ll find it largely uninteresting.

How about creating appealing visual ads that you really like? Plus try incorporating features such as Flowcode QR codes, at the same time!

Ultimately, a major part of what it actually means to “enjoy” your job, is to have fun with the process.

This means being sure to find ways of doing things that give you a bit of a kick on a regular basis.

3. Wherever possible, leave out the stuff you hate

tips enjoying yourself at work
To some extent, we all have to do things from time to time that we really don’t enjoy doing.

It’s probably fair to say that there aren’t too many people out there who really relish their dentist visits or filing their tax returns, for example.

Nonetheless, wherever possible in your professional life, you should focus on figuring out ways to leave out the stuff you hate.

You’ve probably heard of the famous productivity principle known as the 80/20 rule – or “Pareto’s principle.”  This principle argues that 80% of the results you gain in business wind up coming from a mere 20% of your actions. Whereas the other 80% of actions will be subject to the law of diminishing returns. And you will yield only 20% of your results.

So try to focus on the really effective 20% activities. When you do, you’ll find you have more room to completely cut out all sorts of other tasks and errands that you would really rather not do.

Wanna write a book or create a business you love?

Hire me for 1-on-1 Brand Honey Consulting!

I’ll give you the honey to bring in the money – and become a leader in your field!

Learn more here!

Think happier. Think calmer.

Think about subscribing for free weekly tools here.

No SPAM, ever! Read the Privacy Policy for more information.

Comments area

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This