How To Increase Your Success (A Research Study)

poster write down goals
It’s funny. We all have the same 24 hours in a day to spend. Yet some of us get a lot more bang for our 24 hours buck.

If you want to be more successful you must become more of a time spendthrift — and develop the ability to consciously take ownership of your time.

Sure, it’s tempting to say:

“I don’t have the time to do yadda yadda.”  

But the true translation of that sentence is:

“I don’t want to use my time on yadda yadda.”


“I don’t think of myself as deserving yaddayadda.”

Descartes said it well when he said:

“I think therefore I am.”

Although I’m a fan of this Descartes ditty, I have a one-upsmanship ditty modernization:

“I INK therefore I am.”


If you consistently write down your plan of action — get it all in INK — you increase your odds of getting what you want — by up to ten times! Truly. In the book “What They Still Don’t Teach You at Harvard Business School,” Mark McCormack cites a Harvard study conducted between 1979 and 1987. In 1979, Harvard MBA graduates were asked “Have you set clear, written goals for your future and made plans to accomplish them?”

Guess what?

3% of graduates had written goals

13% had goals but they had not written them down.

84% had no specific goals.

In 1987, Harvard followed up.

Guess what again?

the 13% with unwritten goals were making twice as much as the 84% with no goals

those 3% with clear, written goals were making ten times as much as the other 97% combined!


“I INK therefore I am” beats the bupkiss out of merely thinking therefore you am! What’s also fascinating about this study is that only 3% of those super smart Harvard MBA’s were bright enough to write down their goals on paper!


poster goals demolish
You can be more brilliant than 97% of the 1979 graduating class of Harvard if you start to write down your goals on paper!

You will thereby have a ten times higher percentage probability of achieving your goals than they had!

Basically, when you INK it on paper you LINK it in your mind to something you must pillage and conquer.

Starting today I encourage you to write down both your goals and the actions steps for the next 6 months that you need to take to achieve them. Next up, write down these specific actions steps right into your calendar – so you can visually see the steps you need to take in the next 6 months.


I know in the past when I’ve inked it and linked it that I’ve been far more likely to achieve it and receive it! I want the same for YOU!

Join over 1.5 million loyal fans!

My research-backed happiness tools have been featured on CNN, Oprah, Psychology Today, The Today Show, etc – and will empower you to live a live of love!


Karen Salmansohn (Founder)

Hi I’m Karen Salmansohn, founder of NotSalmon. My mission is to offer you easy-to-understand insights and tools to empower you to bloom into your happiest, highest potential self. I use playful analogies, feisty humor, and stylish graphics to distill big ideas – going as far back as ancient wisdom from Aristotle, Buddhism and Darwin to the latest research studies from Cognitive Therapy, Neuro Linquistic Programming, Neuroscience, Positive Psychology, Quantum Physics, Nutritional Studies – and then some.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This