If you want to live healthier, longer, better, then you’ll be interested in the main benefits of healthy food and a healthy lifestyle. Here’s a summary guide below.
A healthy lifestyle is essential to feeling good and living longer. However, in recent times many people have begun to turn to lots of junk foods that are good for their taste buds – but not so good for their organs.
On the other hand, many other people do recognize the value of good healthy food and pay attention to the nutrients and vitamins they’re getting. Some people even turn to fortified beverages such as specific varieties of milk – while others opt for adding supplements to their diet to make up for vitamin deficiencies. These supplements can be in various forms – from multi-vitamin tablets, to vitamin C tablets, to magnesium fizzy drinks, to apple cider gummies or sambucus elderberry gummies. Be sure to selectively get high quality and well-recommended supplements.
It’s a common misconception that simply by eating more healthy, then you can be at your healthiest. But you also need to make sure you’re enjoying a more complete healthy lifestyle – and not simply focusing on eating healthy food alone.
Best of all, when you’re living a complete healthy lifestyle – and taking care of your body in a variety of ways – you’ll also enjoy a range of health benefits – which I summarize below.
If you’re new to my site, hi there! I’m the bestselling author of the longevity and wellness book, Life is Long.
I love sharing many research-based secrets to living longer, healthier, younger.
Most of us know that eating good has a positive impact on our life. But in this particular article I’ll be sharing a helpful summary of what it means to live a complete healthy lifestyle! Plus I’ll be reporting on how quickly you can experience health benefits from a healthy lifestyle.
What is a healthy lifestyle?
A healthy lifestyle means…
- following a healthy diet (and supplementing where needed)
- drinking enough water
- performing regular exercise
- enjoying proper sleep
- getting enough sunshine
- keeping sugar to a minimum
- refraining from smoking
- keeping alcohol and drugs to a minimum
- avoiding chemicals, toxins and other health dangers
- getting regular health check ups
- staying social and doing habits which bring joy
- managing stress levels with meditation, journaling or other calming methods
If you can stick to a healthy lifestyle, then you can enjoy a range of health benefits including healthy weight maintenance, more positive mood, boosted immunity, protection against diseases, amplified energy levels and general higher quality of life.
The main health benefits of a healthy lifestyle
Below is a more detailed summary of the health benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
1. Overall health improvement
Living a healthy lifestyle helps you to guard your cells against damage and protect your overall immune system.
Here’s a helpful quick summary of the most popular nutrients you want to make sure you’re getting regularly – and why.
- Protein plays an important role in wear and tear and repairs injured tissues.
- Carbs and fats fuel up your body, and vitamins act at different parts making up the support system of your body.
- Vitamin A, C and E, for example, act as antioxidants to protect against toxins.
- Calcium and Phosphorus make your bones strong.
- Sodium and potassium assist in nerve transduction pathways.
A healthy lifestyle can elevate your mood.
- A healthy lifestyle requires practicing self-discipline – making you more organized – which improves productivity and overall mood. Moreover, it enhances your self-esteem which greatly boosts your mood. Plus of course there are the benefits of the mind/body connection. Numerous studies report that when you live a healthy lifestyle, you lower the chances of depression and a stressed mental state.
- Consistently scientific studies reveal that the nutrients in a healthy diet offer many emotional and mental benefits. For example, whole grain carbs are reported to produce a long-lasting positive effect on mood.
3. Long term energy
Living a healthy lifestyle can boost your energy levels.
- After a work out, you will feel less sluggish and more revved up with energy. Plus, you’ll find it easier to sleep at night, which will also improve your energy.
- Healthy vegetables have an iron that carries oxygen to the entire body. Researches also report that clearing your diet from fatty and fried foods gives you a quick boost of energy.
4. Disease Prevention
You want to live a healthy lifestyle not only to feel better in the present, but to protect against problems in the future.
- If you don’t get enough exercise and sleep, you can experience a problematic weight issue – which can lead to a variety of diseases.
- Too much sugar, alcohol, drugs, toxins, etc also can lead to chromic health conditions.
- Too little nutrients can also lead to disease. For instance, low levels of calcium in your diet may lead to osteoporosis or weak bones. Too few fruits and veggies in your diet increase your chances of a variety of health issues.
- Too much saturated fats can cause cardiovascular diseases
What happens when you enjoy a healthy lifestyle for 28 days
A research study was conducted – with people from different age groups – to determine the observable effects of healthy eating and a healthy lifestyle. Individuals were observed for 28 days, and a change in their habits was noted. The researchers were amazed by the results.
- After day 1… better concentration and higher energy levels were observed.
- 7 days later… a great reduction in the puffy eyes was noticeable.
- 14 days later… they noticed a healthier bank account, too, due to saving money earlier being spent on big fat burgers and other junk foods.
- 21 days…a clear, glowing skin appeared because the skin started getting its proper nutrition to function better. Moreover, individuals experienced a better sound sleep at night and suffered fewer midnight cravings or food temptations.
- 28 days… cravings for junk foods were diminished – plus researchers reported the study members now had a stronger immune system and improved weight.
Live your healthiest lifestyle
Read my health-boosting wellness book, Life is Long
Think happier. Think calmer.
Think about subscribing for free weekly tools here.