fbpx

What happy people do differently than grumpy people

What happy people do differently than grumpy peopleWant to know what consistently happy people do differently than consistently grumpy people?

(Note: I’m not talking about people with medically diagnosed depression issues.)

I believe the number one big difference between grumpy people and happy people is…

Grumpy people are “negative evidence collectors.”

Grumpy people are dutifully looking for “awful” things, people, events, to put in a mental folder labeled “proof life is awful.”

In contrast…

what happy people do differentlyHappy people are “positive evidence collectors.”

Happy people are constantly looking for awesome things, people, events, to put into a mental folder labeled “proof life is awesome.”

Because happy people collect awesome not awful stuff, they notice and attract more awesome stuff.

As a result happy people wind up filling up their mental folders with lots of happy evidence that life is indeed awesome – and they thereby feel a lot happier.

In summary:

Don’t be a negative evidence collector about life!

Be a positive evidence collector!

P.S. Know somebody who’s facing challenging times? Pass the positivity forward by sharing the poster below and/or sharing this posting!

What happy people do differently than grumpy people

The above text is from my book THINK HAPPY: instant peptalks to boost positivity!

Think happier. Think calmer.

Think about subscribing for free weekly tools here.

No SPAM, ever! Read the Privacy Policy for more information.

Leave a Comment:

(9) comments

Suenami

Julie Gaglione

My dad’s wife is a negative evidence collector…I really should hate her, but instead I feel so bad for her…she is missing out on everything good in life focusing on all that she sees as bad…not gonna fall in that trap and not going to hate her either!

notsalmon

Good for you, Julie! Don’t get sucked into other people’s negativity.

Pat Cannon

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! I really needed to come across this website today!

cindy

this is so true and we have to train our minds to be positive collectors

Paula

I was trained from a very young age to focus on negative things. My mother only pointed out what we did wrong, or not the way she wanted, or what we could have done better. It was her belief that to provide even the smallest positive comment, encouragement, etc. would lead to an enormously inflated ego. I am fast approaching 50, and am working so hard to turn this negative-focused thinking around to positive-focused thinking. Of course, it doesn’t come quickly or easily and I find myself inclined to beat myself up for not getting it quicker, which doesn’t help. I will just keep plugging away at the positive reminders…

notsalmon

Paula, Keep plugging away until you bury the negative with tons of positive.

Michelle Neelin

I just found you via a hash tag search on Facebook. Love your content! I just shared this graphic.

Jill Dowding-Walker

Had a conversation with my sister recently about our philosophies on life. Hers: life is crap and then you die. Mine: Happy, happy, happy, and then you go to heaven. (And I am the one learning to overcome depression?)

Add Your Reply